Sunday 13 October 2019

Turkey Soup Broth

Every time I make a turkey, I get excited about the thought of delicious broth to make soup with, why would I waste all that delicious flavour still in that mangled pile of meat and bones.

So I make broth.

It's pretty simple.


Turkey Soup Broth

In a large slow cooker

1 Turkey carcass (I had to squish mine in there)
2 carrots, whole
2 stalks of celery, whole
1 onion, quartered with skin on
2 bay leaves
4 peeled cloves of garlic

Cover with water and let cook on low for up to 8 hours.

This is actually the second round for these bones, earlier in the morning I boiled this same mixture on the stove in my huge dutch oven for an hour and got the first batch of delicious broth to make Turkey Soup with.


Strain the broth to get rid of bits of bones and meat and store in your favourite containers, I love old canning jars.

Now to make Turkey Soup!

~Adel~

No comments:

Post a Comment