Saturday 14 September 2013

Vietnamese Beef & Noodles

All I can say is yummmmm...my mouth is watering just thinking about eating this again! Just in case you didn't already know, I'm a HUGE fan of Vietnamese food and next to Salad Rolls, this is my favourite! Once again, a dish I learned in Vietnam at a little cooking school in Hoi An.


Vietnamese Beef & Noodles

1 pkg (about 4 cups) Rice Noodles, cooked 
1 Onion, thinly sliced
1 lb Beef Tenderloin, cut in 1/2-3/4 in pieces
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
2 Tbsp Lime Juice
6 cloves Garlic, minced
3 Tbsp Oil (canola or peanut is good)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Green Onions and Peanuts for garnish (optional)

In a saute pan, cook onion until it starts to caramelize. Set aside. Cook beef to your taste (I like it a little pink). While beef is cooking combine soy sauce, brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and garlic. Once cooked, add onions and sauce to beef. Cook for about 2 minutes. Serve over cooked rice noodles and garnish as desired with green onions and peanuts.

Great with a little peanut sauce on the side to dip the beef in!




No comments:

Post a Comment