Tuesday 10 September 2013

Tex Mex Seasoning

I go through so much taco/tex mex seasoning that I've started making my own...not only is it cheaper, I can also control what's in it! I buy all of my spices in bulk or in large bags (asian or indian markets often carry them), mix all the ingredients up in a bowl or large measuring cup, and just refill the large taco seasoning container that I originally bought. 

I will give you the recipe for a small batch (because not everyone is as crazy about tex mex seasoning as we are!), but I usually triple or quadruple this recipe to fill my container.


Tex Mex Seasoning

1/2 cup Chili Powder
1/4 cup Onion Powder
1/8 cup Garlic Powder
1/8 cup Cumin Powder
2 Tbsp Paprika
2 Tbsp Oregano
1 Tbsp Fine Ground Sea Salt
1 tsp Cayanne Pepper (or more...optional)

Use as desired to flavour Mexican or Southwestern meals.

1/4 cup replaces your package of taco/chili seasoning.

~Adel~





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe, Adel - I've been thinking of making my own taco seasoning - I imagine this is much the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's the same as taco seasoning, I just use it for chili and other non-taco meals so call it tex mex. Enjoy!

      Delete