Wednesday 6 March 2013

Better than JRM - St. Patty's Day Dessert

I don't know what it is about Jonathan Rhys Meyers, but ever since I first saw Bend it Like Beckham, I've been in love. Maybe it's the voice (accent) or the lips, or the eyes, but I think he's fabulous.

So, in honour of my favourite Irish actor, I have created a St. Patrick's Day version of my favourite dessert.



Better Than JRM

1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup finely chopped pistachios (or use pecans or walnuts)
1 pkg cream cheese (8 oz or 250 ml)
1 cup sugar
3 cups prepared whip cream
2 Package of Pistachio Pudding mix (99g/4 servings)
2 Packages of Chocolate Pudding mix (99g/4 servings)
4 cups milk
Chocolate shavings

  • Combine flour, butter and nuts in a food processor. Press into a 9x13 baking pan.
  • Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Let cool.
  • Beat sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of prepared whip cream. Spread over cooled crust.
  • In another bowl, combine chocolate pudding mixes and 2 cups of milk. Spread over cream cheese layer.
  • In one bowl, combine pistachio pudding mixes and 2 cups of milk. Spread over chocolate layer.
  • Top with remaining 2 cups whip cream and chocolate shavings for garnish.


mmm...mmm...mmm

~Adel~

No comments:

Post a Comment