Tuesday 8 April 2014

Herbed Meatballs

I've tried many meatball recipes and I keep coming back to this one, it's great with ground beef, pork, chicken, or turkey (or a combination of any of them). A basic staple of almost all my Big Cook days. I always have a bag on hand for days when I forget to plan my meal or don't have a lot of time to cook. Add any kind of sauce and it's an easy meal that makes everyone in my house happy.

This recipe makes about 40 meatballs. I usually make 4x this recipe for my big cook days. I recently discovered a much easier way to make uniform meatballs...here's my process (just clean the counters REALLY well before and after.







Herbed Meatballs 

1 lbs Ground Meat (beef, pork, chicken, turkey, lamb or any combination)
1/2 cup Oatmeal
2 Eggs
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Parsley
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Onion Soup Mix
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp each Salt & Pepper

Combine ground meat, oatmeal, onion, egg, soy sauce and seasonings and mix well. Make into balls about the size of a quarter.

Fry or bake until centers are no longer pink.

Just add sauce to complete your meal - some great options:
Spicy Apricot Meatballs or Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs

Freezer Instructions: Partially cook meatballs by frying until all sides are brown or baking in the oven on a baking sheet for 15 minutes. Freeze on baking sheet, then transfer to a plastic bag or container for easy use later.

~Adel~


No comments:

Post a Comment