Tuesday 22 April 2014

Make-Ahead Herb & Garlic Mashed Potatoes

At family gatherings, I often get asked to bring mashed potatoes, a staple with holiday dinners. It's hard to whip up mashed potatoes while getting two toddlers ready (not to mention trying to get ready myself), so I've been making my mashed potatoes the night before and baking them either right before I leave or where we're eating. It's so much easier! Plus this way I get to add some fun flavour to a pretty standard dish.


Make-Ahead Herb & Garlic Mashed Potatoes

8 medium Potatoes
1/4 cup Butter
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1/2 cup Herb & Garlic Cream Cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
Paprika to taste or sprinkle on top

Cut the potatoes into 1" pieces and boil until a fork goes through easily (but not mushy). Strain the water and return to the pot. Add butter, sour cream & cream cheese and cover for 2 minutes while everything gets melty. Add seasonings to taste. Mash with a potato masher or use a mixer/hand blender if you like them whipped (I like mine with potato chunks and some skin as you can see in the picture!). Spread evenly in a 9 x 13 oven safe dish and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden on top.

The perfect companion to Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef smothered in gravy - one of my ultimate favourite meals. Serves about 6 people.

Yum, second's please!

~Adel~






No comments:

Post a Comment